Safeguarding & eSafety
The need to safeguard the welfare of all students is of paramount importance to the staff and governors of The Downs School. In order to safeguard our students effectively, we ensure that extremely robust safeguarding procedures are in place and that all staff who work in the school are thoroughly trained in the school’s safeguarding policy.
If any member of the school community has a concern regarding the welfare of a student, he or she has a duty to immediately pass on this concern to the school’s designated person for safeguarding. If in doubt about whether or not to pass a concern on, the concern should be passed on anyway.
Contact the following person if you have a concern:
- Mr P. Wilson (Deputy Headteacher (Ethos and Achievement) and designated safeguarding lead.)
If Mr Wilson is not available, contact:
- Mrs S. Jones (KS3 Student Manager and deputy designated safeguarding lead.)
- Mrs J. Gayler (KS4 Student Manager and deputy designated safeguarding lead.)
- Mrs D. Peppiatt (KS5 Student Manager and deputy designated safeguarding lead.)
- Mrs P Jackson (Assistant Headteacher (KS3) and deputy designated safeguarding lead.)
- Miss L Bermingham (Assistant Headteacher (KS4) and deputy designated safeguarding lead.)
If neither Mr Wilson nor Mrs Jones, Mrs Gayler, Mrs Peppiatt, Mrs Jackson nor Miss Bermingham are available, contact:
- Mr C. Prosser (Headteacher).
The governor with responsibility for safeguarding is:
- Mr Matt West (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All members of staff can be contacted through the main telephone number, 01635 270000.
Information on personal information security and privacy online
Childnet International – keeping your child safe online
Child Protection and Online Safety command – part of the National Crime Agency
|How students are taught online safety 2223||02nd Oct 2022||Download|